MANUFACTURE YOUR FUTURE
Use this activity to teach your students about the salaries and training costs associated with different manufacturing careers while helping them understand the impact of their financial choices.
Duration: Approximately 45-60 min.
Target Age Group: Grades 8-12
- Students will explore areas of budgeting and money management based on manufacturing careers which will lead to discussions of post-secondary options in manufacturing.
- Students will identify types of training needed for manufacturing careers and how their career choices can impact their future lifestyles.
This activity can be implemented in either an in-person OR online learning format. Access and download the Activity Guides and accompanying materials for both formats below.
- Manufacture Your Future Game Sheet (PDF) – 1 copy per student
- Manufacture Your Future Station Cards (PDF) – 1 set per class
- Manufacture Your Future Occupations (PDF) – 1 page per student
- Manufacture Your Future Unexpected Events (PDF) – 1 slip per student
Depending on your class platform, we have provided a Google Sheet and a Microsoft Excel version to use with your students.
Google Users: Please save a copy of the linked Google Sheet to your Drive. If you upload it as an assignment to Google Classroom it should make a unique file for each student.
Microsoft Users: Please download a copy of the Microsoft Excel file and provide each student with their own unique copy to use.
- Manufacture Your Future Spreadsheet (Google Sheet) – 1 copy per student
- Manufacture Your Future Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel) – 1 copy per student
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you and how you’re using this activity with your students. Click here to explore more online resources for educators.