HANDS-ON FUN MADE FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL MINDS!
The nationally-recognized Young Manufacturers Academy (YMA) promotes experiential achievement in STEM and encourages students to develop an awareness of future career possibilities. Developed as a summer immersion program, YMA expanded into the CT public schools during the academic year to reach more students.
- Real-world applications of science and math concepts
- Use of industry tools and CAD software
- Career awareness, explorations and readiness activities
- Engineering design
- Critical thinking, collaboration and communication
- Machine shop experience (Tech HS Academies only)
- Robotics activities and challenges (CCAT Academies only)
- Industry 4.0 skills
“My favorite YMA activity was Solid Works where we got to build a rocket and a race car on the computer in CAD!”
– YMA Student Session 1, 2019 O’Brien Tech HS, Ansonia
For more information about the program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YMA is run by the Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology, Inc. in partnership with the Connecticut Technical High School System and is funded through the Connecticut Department of Economic & Community Development’s Manufacturing Innovation Fund. Funding in the Hartford area is also provided by the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving and funding for the Groton, New London, Bridgeport, New Haven area is provided through the Connecticut Health and Educational Facilities Authority.